5 Budget Conscious Marketing Strategies For Your Flight Academy
Developing a marketing campaign is the best way to launch your business off the ground or expand your current student/customer base. The best part about this is you can create a marketing plan that is innovative and fun.
For those looking for ideas on how to promote your flight academy, here are a few tips that won’t break your budget.
1. First, you’ll want to bring recognition to your flight academy. One of the best ways to do this is to advertise in local newspapers.This is a great way to inform others in your geographical area about your school. You may have many potential customers right in your backyard that are unaware you exist.
2. Dovetailing off of newspaper advertising, you could also ask a local news or radio anchor/celebrity to go on a free flight. This is a great spot for radio or television media to pick up. Additionally, they can mention your flight academy thereby giving you more name recognition in your community.
3. One of the best ways to gain recognition is to hold promotions. When coming up with a promotion consider the market you are targeting. One idea is to offer a special promotion to graduating seniors in high school. Offer them a free ride or discounted price on a flight instruction program as a graduation gift. This in turn may bring more attention to your school and stir some interest in students wanting to become pilots.
4. You may also want to consider partnering with local businesses. Ask your local banks or shops if you can place banners in their stores. You could run a promotion off of this where if the customer saw and snapped a picture of the banner at the local bank, they could receive discounted lessons. This can accomplish two things. One, it brings more recognition to your school through advertising and two, it can help you network with local businesses.
5. Lastly, you can set up a contest with the winner receiving a free flight in one
of your planes. This works even better if you have access to a historical or aerobatic aircraft like a T-34. Hold a contest between your local high school, youth groups and colleges having them come up with the logo of your flight academy. You could set up a page online through Facebook and advertise in the local press. This is a great way to encourage the community to participate and bring recognition to your school as a result.
Developing a grass roots marketing plan doesn’t have to be expensive or difficult. By thinking outside of the box you can come up with innovative ideas that your community will love. The more recognition and interest you create around your flight school, the more business you’re bound to bring in. Keep in mind marketing is not a one time process, always be trying new things to see what works and what doesn’t. Once you know what marketing strategies work for your flight academy, then go back and try and reuse those strategies with different content or promotions.
© alphaspirit - Fotolia.com